cass house in cayucos

Thanksgiving is over. Back to work, everyone! But first, a story about the Cass House in Cayucos.




Daniel surprised me with dinner reservations at this most classy place, the Cass House, a recently restored beach-estate-turned-inn-and-restaurant.  Every ingredient in all seven of our courses was locally sourced, including the wine pairings. Hands down, sitting there at that restaurant with my hunky date was the fanciest I've ever felt. I think there was even a waiter whose sole job it was to replace our forks every time we set one down between courses. (Click for delicious details!)



In the elegant, intimate dining room, we sat and talked about random things: ecosystems, silverware, the future, him moving to Indiana, students I may or may not fail. I remember thinking, I like this guy. He is smart and funny. He has excellent taste in restaurants. And he looks cute in that striped shirt.



The rooms and the gardens were quite snazzy too, but we didn't stay.




All this is to say that later that night, after dinner, somewhere else, at a secret location, in our own private moment, in a story that he and I will share for many years with our loved ones, he proposed.

And I said yes!

All photos via Cass House Inn & Restaurant

11 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh sarah!!!!!!!!!!! i just got chills!! congrats!!!!! so happy for you :)))
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's so beautiful! I love that story:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is just the preciousest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! how exciting and romantic! daniel did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! Congratulations, Sarah! Nice set up, too! You surprised me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWW!!! Congrats Sarah!!!! SO happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. also. where is the ring! post a picture! :)

    ReplyDelete