croissants at city bakery




It's been in the blissful high 70s these past few days. I had a lot of work to do, students to meet, papers to grade, but I couldn't resist biking over to City Bakery for breakfast, where the only terrible thing is having to decide which croissant to order. Almond? Butter? Chocolate? Spinach & feta? Apricot & ricotta? Or go crazy and have a bagel with goat cheese & chive spread? Feeling rather savory despite the sweet morning sun, I went with the spinach & feta and a cup of coffee, into which I poured too much cream because I can never figure out those pitcher lids.  One of the sidewalk tables was available (that never happens for me unless it's snowing out!), and I sat down for some reading and writing, some general people-watching, and I thought about something Wendell Berry said when he was here yesterday: "Be entirely present where you are—especially if you're in a good place."





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful way to spend the morning.
    I think I will have to visit City Bakery on a return trip to Btown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote. Great photos. Great everything. Must find similar place in CA. Must eat croissant now. Oh, and there's no such thing as too much cream in coffee, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete