a little italy

I can't believe the amount of work I have to do this week! Somehow it all manages to pop up at the same time, instead of spreading itself out all nice and manageable-like.  Knowing that there's a stack of papers waiting to be graded and a blank stack of papers waiting to be written makes weekend fun less fun, unless I muster up the organizational wherewithal to decide, "Between the hours of such and such a time and a time after that, I am not doing any work! I am only having fun!"

It's especially hard when the one you love has a regular work week, and the idea of "only having fun" after a certain hour is virtually mandated by the typical nine-to-five schedule.  That's why they call it "happy hour";  you're done.  I think the next time I'll have that feeling is somewhere in May, when the semester ends.

And so, that is how we ended up making pizzas, sampling $2 imported fancy cheeses (espresso-lavender sheep's milk cheese!) with some pane bello, sipping Pellegrino, and watching the second installment of The Godfather.  A little Italian vacation in the living room, and a little harbor of fun in the working weekend.














4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Keep the cheese constantly in stock and you will be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so amazing! i know what you mean about the "busy all at once" feeling. . .it's almost become normal 'round these parts!!!
    you can do it! may is just around the corner :)

    oh...and espresso-lavender sheep's milk cheese? where in the...world can i get that?!?!?! sounds phenom. right up my alley!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you drink the frizzante???

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...yes! please come find me if you're ever in slo :)
    j.

    ReplyDelete