ponds + docks

Spring has been unspooling beautifully, and I've been hard at work packing and moving and packing and moving and unpacking and moving and unpacking some more. Our new home doesn't have a refrigerator yet--and I haven't relocated the pots and pans--so we're eating foods that don't have to be refrigerated or cooked, which, I can tell you, is something that will never catch on as a diet craze.

But all minor hardships aside, there is this view from our window every morning and there are shimmery, upside-down trees and and there are glee clubs full of birds and air that smells like almonds. There are lights on the water at night and the sound of a river in a hurry to get somewhere and a breeze that sleeps in the bedroom. Whoever's wife said she "didn't want a pond in the backyard," I'm sorry. I take it back.

5 comments:

  1. It is an amazing pond. I can imagine it being a wonderful thing to see everyday when you look out your window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing view! You've described it so beautifully. Congrats on your new home!

    Btw, I didn't realize I had left the link off that salad! Here it is - http://www.flourishingfoodie.com/2012/03/strawberry-avocado-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That view is gorgeous ... what a beautiful thing to wake up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at that view, I'd take it back too :)

    ReplyDelete