sunday + birthday



Since this weekend is my birthday, and since this birthday is a considerably grown-up birthday as far as twenty-something birthdays go, I have been carefully considering what to do. It's even more important to give this some serious thought, since it's a weekend birthday, and weekend birthdays are nothing to sneeze at; they come around, what, every six years, maybe, if you figure out the leap years? I'll be over thirty the next time I have a weekend birthday, for goodness sake.

So, I'm thinking of grown-up weekend birthday things to do that aren't too grown-up, like visiting a museum, dressing up in a sassy skirt and going for a bike ride, having cake and playing Scrabble. Of course, if we throw the plan out the window and just do whatever we fancy at the moment, that'll be okay. And if the thunder and lightning rolls through like everyone keeps saying they will, even better. We'll put on our party hats, pretend we're watching birthday fireworks.

Sources: fig. 1fig. 2fig. 3fig. 4

10 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday!

    That sounds like a perfectly lovely day, and improvising can add in some of the best surprises. I hope the sky puts on a real show for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! :)

    I look forward to hearing what you get up to in celebration ... whether that's something grown up or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Here's to the next 20,30 years of happiness! Whatever you do, I am sure you'll have a blast. It's just by knowing that it's your birthday that the whole mood and world around you changes - I think... Just make sure you treat yourself to a huge, delicious, calorie filling cake, because you can get away with eating such a thing only once a year (that's your birth day). All my love and best best wishes from Greece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a nice weekend birthday - you're right, they do need to be savoured rather! I hope you managed to do some of the things on your list. Did the lightning storm happen? (I'm a huge fan of lightning storms!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Please update me (and your fellow readers) on what you ended up doing. I wish you all the best, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! What'd you end up doing?
    This weekend is my birthday, but I'm not sure what to do. Our prospective students are visiting this week, which means everyone will be completely socialized-out by Sunday. I just gotta come up with something laid back, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally living real life again (was trapped in archiland)! HAPPY BIRTHDAY is what my sane self meant to tell you Sunday!!!! I'm SO happy you were born :) Can't wait to deliver a bday hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy belated, hope it was joyous!

    ReplyDelete