strawberry + rhubarb






This is my last week of class. Ever. And I have only just figured out the most obvious solution to the problem of how to tote homemade smoothies around in my bookbag without leaking fruity goodness all over my students' papers: the ever faithful mason jar.

Strawberry Rhubarb Smoothie - Blend 2 c. strawberries, 1 c. rhubarb, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp. lemon zest. Serves two. (It's quite tart, so if that's not your style, try using vanilla yogurt, which has more sweetener in it.)

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, celebrate on your last day of class! This sounds delicious...I am a sucker for smoothies.
    Mason jars are genius.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a steady love affair with mason jars and I never even thought about using them for smoothies! It even allows you to mix it up when they start to do that settling thing.

    Also, congratulations on finishing up with classes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, that looks quite good. I've never had rhubarb before

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a good idea to put your smoothie in a mason jar! love.
    and congrats on finishing classes! i will be back in b-town at the end of may!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! Cute photos too.
    xx

    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete